I was nominated for the Leibster Award by #My Musical and writing life. I have followed her blog for quite a while, as I enjoy reading about musicals and other people’s view on them.
I had never heard of it before, but once I got reading about it I found it quite interesting. A lot of the blogs that I read are around theatre, music and also weight loss and some travel blogs.
Part 1 – A Blog that I love that is not my own
I really like #Hayley Slims. I like the positive tine that she has around her weight loss and the other things that she includes in her blogs. She sounds very much like me in the way that she views her weight and the fact that she posts about slimming world, which was really helpful for me in losing weight.
Part 2 – Random Facts about me
- I love to read and like all sorts of books, particularly those that have been recommended by someone else. I have a kindle, which I use when I’m travelling, but I still love a paper book.
- I love crafting and am currently setting up my own craft business
- I love walking and when I go I know how much good it does me and I know that I should do it more often
- I have always wanted to travel on a sleeper train
- I love Christmas, but not all the commercialism around it
- I hate driving in the snow and ice
- I love shoes!
- I love baking, but then I want to eat it all, so don’t bake very often
- People dropping litter really irritates me
- I’m not keen on travelling on boats, but love flying
Part 3 – Questions from My Musical Theatre Life
- If you had the ability to sing any song from a musical flawlessly, what would it be and why? – I would love to be able to sing “Tell me its not true” from Blood Brothers. This is an amazing song at the end of the show and so emotional
- Which musicals do you think deserve a shout out? – Starlight Express – This was one musical that I was never over bothered for seeing, but when my daughters school gave a production, I thought it was amazing and really started to like it
- If you could dance the choreography of any show, what would it be? – I’d love to do Billy Elliot – The dancing in this from all the cast is amazing
- Favourite composer? – Claude-Michel Schönberg and Alain Boublil – for Miss Saigon and Les Miserables
- Who’s your favourite musical actor/actress – I don’t really have one. I would never go and see a musical with a particular “star” in it
- What show should get a Broadway transfer in 2018? – sorry struggling to answer this as I don’t really know which shows are currently on
- What’s one unpopular musical theatre opinion that you have? – Musicals need a good storyline
- What’s you opinion on the tony Awards? – I don’t know much about them, I tend to look at the Olivier’s in the UK
- What do you think about musical movies? – I was brought up on them. I would watch them with my mum when I was a girl, particularly the older ones like Carousel, Oklahaoma, Oliver etc – I loved them all and it was away of getting to know the music. I don’t mind them at all, but would still prefer to see a live show
- What’s your dream cast for your favourite musical? – I would really struggle to choose a favourite musical. As for a cast, I prefer one without stars and hate it when “celebrities” get parts above genuine musical theatre actors.
- Do you have any dream roles and why? – Nancy in Oliver – I love her string character, Mrs Wilkinson in Billy Elliot- such a great comedy and forceful character
Part 4 – Tag other bloggers
#beauty beyond bones
#the dancer runner
#cooking without limits
Part 5 – My questions
- What music would you listen to if you wanted cheering up?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?
- What would be your favourite place to walk or run and why?
- If you won a million ponds, what would you spend your money on
- What is your favourite item of clothing that you own and why?
- If you were invited to a fancy dress party, what would you wear?
- Who is your favourite character from history and why?
- If you were told that you could not eat a particular food ever again, which food would you miss the most?
- If you could live in any famous house/building, where would you live?
- What is your favourite food to cook?
That’s it from me. I’m not sure whether I’ve completed this correctly or not, but it’s certainly been interesting for me to do.
Thank you for nominating me